Production Planning Manager
||Production Planning Manager
||The Highest standard of cable technology
Manufacturing & Engineering
||Kamila KANG Senior Recruitment Consultant
Production Planning Manager
About Our Client
Our client is now supplying state-of-the-art products, such as submarine, extra-high voltage, high temperature superconducting and communications cables to power authorities, heavy electric equipment makers and common carriers around the world. The products can be seen throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East and Asia, so now recognized as a leading manufacturer serving global industries both in name and reality.
The production planning manager is in charge of developing production plans in adherence to the company's budget and deadlines. It is their duty to identify the production needs and set objectives and guidelines that would direct employees into achieving a smooth and efficient workflow. This position will supervise a team of production schedulers as they monitor the progress of daily production operations, resolving issues when they arise. Furthermore, as a production planning manager, it is essential to work with all departments to meet production goals, all while implementing the company's policies and regulations. Generates the extended production plan for the plants. Responsible for the integration of sales forecasts, budgets, finished goods inventory, equipment capacities, and staffing.
- - Analyzes sales forecasts to determine short- and medium-term requirements for production resources (people, materials, and equipment).
- - Coordinate and publish the PBI (production-bill-inventory) plan.
- - Communicating with other departments within the organization regarding production schedules and deadlines.
- - Establishes guidelines for determining production lead-times for quoting.
- - Develops and coordinates “short lead-time” programs.
- - Coordinates preparation of realistic and achievable production schedules
- - Monitors and adjusts schedule to respond to market/production requirements and optimize costs.
- - Participates in the development of the sales forecast and inventory planning process to allow the efficient and effective fulfillment of orders.
- - Coordinated the integration of purchased cable products into the Order Entry system.
- - Coordinates plants shipments to assure achievement of “end of month” sales/shipment goals.
- - Coordinate new product introduction with the plants, inside sales and inventory planning.
- - Bachelor’s degree in industrial engineering, engineering, or related field
- - 5+ years’ experience in Cable production planning or a similar role
- - Proficient with the various systems used in the Customer Service area, SAP, Inventory, and the Microsoft Suite of products, including Word, Excel.
- - Requires experience and a thorough understanding of communication cable operations, the sales environment, and cost structures including inventory levels.
- - Willing to assume risks, take ownership, maintain customer focus, learn on the fly, manage stress, maintain excellent working relationships with fellow employees, exchange ideas, promote best practices, and make timely decisions.
- - Inventory management
- - Working knowledge of MRP/ERP systems, ADVARIS Program user preferred
- - Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- - Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- - High level excels user
- - Strong leadership and team-building skills
What's On Offer
benefits package including, Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, disability, 401(k), and paid vacation.
Apply online or feel free to contact us directly for more information about the opportunity. Due to the high volume of applicant, we regret to inform that only shortlisted candidates will be notified. Thank you for your understanding.